Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Long Weeks

So, I think this has been a couple of the longest weeks of my life. It has also been some of the most emotional and trying times of my career. There are so many things that I wish I had control over, but alas, I do not. More than anything I just wish I knew what was going to happen next year. I feel like my worth as a coach has been measured and found lacking, even without me having the opportunity to provide any input. It surprises me that people expect things to just be "business", when everything anyone does clearly has motive, which makes it personal. Someone wins and someone loses in most situations, so it is always personal to someone. I honestly don't know what direction to turn, but I feel like every time I try to make a change, I just get slapped in the face all over again. And, why are the people in charge so petty that they can't even look their teachers in the eye and explain anything. And they talk about being "unprofessional" - ha! All of this mess has definitely made me realize that I have absolutely no desire to be in administration, and I'm questioning my career in education. I dropped my master's class yesterday and requested to be withdrawn from the program. There is absolutely no need for me to spend the money to obtain a M.Ed. for any reason. I just wonder why the administration gets so caught up in forcing things to fit into this stupid puzzle at the price of losing good workers. I understand that there is a lot of work that goes into the logistics of it all, but at what cost? I seems to me that the priorities in our educational system need to be strongly reconsidered.

1 comments:

Love, Me said...

what if you were the administrator that changed all that? what if you were the person to revolutionize the school system? what if you were the administrator that made all teachers love their jobs? Love you, Uyen